Friday, September 4, 2009

Another day, another conference invitation

This one I shall be sorry to miss because some interesting things might come out. Reform is one of the best think-tanks around with many interesting new ideas to its credit. But I cannot afford teh £200 I am required to pay in order to attend. Sadly, I have no corporate budgets to fund me.

Of course, many of the speakers are politicians, from whom we hear far too much anyway. But, as usual before an election, representatives of major established bodies will be there, too. The Financial Services Authority, the London Stockexchange and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales are sending their top people.

At the bottom of the list of speakers who have accepted I note a curious name: Guido Fawkes, Political Blogger. Well, well, well. So much for Guido's stance as outsider. There he is, playing with the big boys already and the British blogosphere is still in its infancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment