Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years on

Of all the pictures about 9/11 I prefer this one. It shows defiance and not victimhood. Not that the horrors of that day should be forgotten but I personally prefer of us all fighting back, however delusional that might be.

Five years ago I posted on EUReferendum, my erstwhile blogging home, about that day and what I thought in 2001 and 2006.
As for me, that entire day will stay in my memory almost minute by minute. And one of the things I recall very clearly was my immediate conviction that we were at war. My second thought was to wonder where I can sign up. This was going to be a war of ideas, of propaganda as much as of bombs and bullets. I could do that, I thought. Well, it took a little while but I think I managed to sign up for the duration.
Re-reading the piece I can only say that I still agree with every word of it. Here it is for anyone who wants to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment