Sunday, July 3, 2016

Possibly the best anti-Communist film made

Well, all right, I am not going to argue that line against anyone who comes up with a better one but The Manchurian Candidate (the 196 version with Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and the wonderful Angela Lansbury) has to be at the very least one of the best. I am not going to talk about the plot at all. Those who have seen it will remember enough not to want to read about it and would probably prefer to see it again and those who have not seen it have a great treat ahead of them. You might never want to play solitaire again.

There are various trailers and I have chosen the one I think is the best. I don't think it gives anything away and it is a good way to restart that series of postings:

1 comment:

  1. And Laurence Harvey was the daddy of Domino Harvey, who in turn was the main character in another movie/film "Domino", starring Keira Knightley before she became a sort-of-pirate. Funny old world.

    ReplyDelete